Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday, March 11



It's early Monday morning. I have just a short blog entry this morning to update you on what happened Sunday. Hopefully later this afternoon, I'll have another blog with good news.
Sunday we went to the BH in the morning again. We started out in the music room, but we had an unwelcome visitor...a bee. So, we ended up moving to the small room. Caleb fell asleep not even halfway through the visit. He did this one other morning, too. We woke him up after a few minutes and gave him his bottle. While we were at the BH, Janet was checking to see if his passport was ready. By the time we left, she was still waiting for the guy at the place to get there! So, we didn't get to take Caleb to the hotel with us. It ended up not being such a bad thing, though, because Brad wasn't feeling too well with cold/allergy symptoms. I had stomach problems or what Rod refers to as The Wrath of Khan. Just like Mexico has Montezuma's Revenge, Kazakhstan has The Wrath of Khan. Great timing, huh? Well, I feel much better this morning, of course I've only eaten a few pretzels since Saturday night. Hopefully Brad feels better...he's asleep right now. Anyway, we don't know if Janet was able to get his passport yesterday or not. We think we're going to the BH this morning to pick him up, so, I need to get ready! We'll let you know when we bring him home. Brad and I keep referring to the hotel as home...it's been our home for most of 2007!


Pick me up, Daddy!

4 comments:

Ginny said...

He is so sweet. That is a big AHHHHH! We pray your news is good today. It is time for you to take him home even if it is your hotel room. As you say you might as well buy property. It would probably be cheaper.
We changed to daylight savings time today, three weeks early. Of course we sang in church this morning so I had to be there at 7:30a.m. which was really 6:30a.m. I was surprised to see so many people in church, but the early service are older people and they go to bed early anyway. Plus it is misty and rainy outside so it was a poopy day all around. Some good news from Kazahstan would really help. It is supposed to be like this for a couple of days. That is OK because I do want to get some things done in the house.
Take Care and be well. A combination of not eating right and strange water will eventually get anyone. Hope you guys feel better soon. Always in our prayers Love Ginny and Gary

Lanoma said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! Hopefully, today will be THE day Caleb can finally go with you and sleep in that hotel crib. Just tell Janet you are not leaving the BH without him today and to get that passport (don't smile Pethrie). I was happy to get your blog even if it was short. I was having blog withdrawl. What will I do when you get home and stop blogging. Praying that you are both back to normal and feeling great. Will be waiting for the next blog saying he is in the hotel. Love, Lanoma

Mom & Dad A. said...

Hi! Caleb is so cute even when he's sleeping. We hope that both of you are feeling better and we pray that you have Caleb with you at the hotel. We had a great Service at Church today. Everyone is excited that you are coming home next Friday. We had a busy week-end. Fri. we went out to eat with Higgy and Sue and then went for on a boat ride on the beautiful San Antonio river. I went to Artisan's Alley with about 20 Ladies from our church on Sat. morn. and then Sat. evening we went and got a Eddie Bauer high chair. Now we have one for Ashley and one for Caleb. (Brad, we made need your help putting it together) It's been raining and it got cooler here today. More rain, wind, and maybe some hail is headed our way. (Dad is worried about his car) Well, it's late and I'm tired so I'll close for now. Your in our prayers. Love you lots. Mom & Dad A.

Brenda Hungerford said...

I kept checking yesterday hoping there was fresh news posted and then decided one of two things. Either you guys were sick OR, you finally had Caleb with you. I guess it was 50% right. Sorry that you've been puny....between not eating right and the stress of this journey, the body is bound to cave in a little bit. I hope you are both feeling better today. I'm hoping that Caleb is already with you as I'm writing this!!!! These late "curves" in your plans are not welcomed and we are all frustrated at the process but it's nearly complete...you'll soon be on that journey back to Texas and all will be well!!!!

We are welcoming the much needed rain even if it is Spring Break. It's going to force me to stay in and work on the tasks I've promised I would do.....drats! The rain is great but I'd like to avoid the hail and tornados that were possible last night. Our area was OK.

I enjoyed the picture of Caleb sleeping on your lap...he is precious beyond words!!! Enjoy your son and come home safely!

Blessings and more prayers!!!
Brenda