Thursday, March 15, 2007

Things Are Going a Little Smoother

It is Friday morning as I type this, and we should be boarding a plane right now. We haven't been able to change anything, yet, so for now we're still leaving Tuesday. We are still checking with travel agent/airlines etc., so we'll let you know if anything changes.

As the title states, things are going a little smoother since my last blog entry. We were exhausted that day, and there were many temper tantrums and meltdowns...some were even by Caleb! Ha-ha!

We worked out the crib problem by placing it tightly between the two beds, so if he decides to nose dive, he'll land on a bed. As for the string and plastic bag holding up the corners, they seem to be working okay.

We haven't ventured out of the hotel yet. We have been to the restaurant and been to the shopping center that is connected to the hotel. We didn't bring nearly enough baby food/items with us from Taraz, unfortunately, so we've made a couple of trips to the grocery store (in the shopping center.) It's crazy how much more expensive things are here than in Taraz. Of course, we thought we'd only be here a couple of days. The food in our restaurant is pretty good. I ordered tomato soup, which is yummy, and a green salad, which was not so yummy. It had nasty dressing on it. Brad ordered chicked fajitas, and they pronounced it fageetas. They didn't come with tortillas, but it did come sizzling on the grill pan to the table. It had grilled peppers and tomatoes, too. They were good...I liked them more than Brad. He thought the meat was too tough. Not me...I was soooo glad to get some white chicken meat! In Taraz, everything with chicken came with chunks of dark meat, except for the chicken noodle soup. The fajitas weren't like back home or anything, but, hey, I ate some more meat!

We gave Caleb a bath yesterday. He screamed his head off the whole time. I guess they didn't give too many baths at the BH. It may take some time before Caleb becomes a water baby!

He also watched part of an Elmo video yesterday, which seemed to be a big hit. He would clap and "sing" along. It was really cute.

This afternoon we have our interview at the US Embassy. After that, all our adoption business in Kaz will be complete. YIPPEE! Now, we just have to work on getting out of here.

Well, Caleb is waking up, so I guess that's it for now! Sorry...pictures will have to wait!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

I'm so glad things are settling down a bit. It couldn't get much crazier at least I hope not. One thing that is good is that the food is better, I guess that couldn't have gotten worse either. Your days will now be filled with Mommy and Daddy things so the time will go a little faster and you at least won't be bored. He seems to be such a good baby and just taking in everything. Mary Lane and I were talking on our way to Tanger outlet (I needed my one purse per year Ha! Although this one is definately summer so I'll have to go back in the Fall ) today and we both agree that Caleb is just going to flourish once you guys get him back home and settled into your loving families. He seems so inquisitive and pondering everything and excited about different situations. Just think of all the joy that will come your way. Well you guys take care. and I hope you will be home and snuggled down in your home real soon. Always in our prayers. Love Ginny and Gary

Trisha said...

I'm so happy that this is almost over for you guys. Just think in a few days you'll be back on American soil. Caleb sounds like he's adjusting well. I'd forget about the crib and just put him in bed with you. Ha ha. I hope that a couple cancels so you can get home sooner! Tuesday will be here before you know it! Spring break is almost over and I haven't completed all my projects. C'est la vie! I'm so happy for you. Take care. Love, Trisha