Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Wed. March 7th




Today we went to the Baby House at the usual time. We had a good time today. Brad brought out the baby carrier for Caleb to try out. It was cute...both Brad and Caleb seemed to enjoy it. Caleb would kick his legs and wave his arms up and down. The faster Brad would walk, the more Caleb would "talk" and laugh. Caleb also took about 7 steps on his own today! He had been doing 2 or 3 at most, but today he took off, "talking" all the way! By the time it was time to go, Caleb was pooped out! They had the music room all decorated today for "Woman's Day" (you know the holiday that is 1 day but govt. offices are closed for 3 days...the one that's messing up our plans?) Woman's Day is actually tomorrow, but since most of the staff won't be there tomorrow, they celebrated at the orphanage today. The 2-3 year olds had some kind of performance this morning in the music room. Since Rod and Kym visit their daughter, Aray, in the mornings, they were able to see the show. They videotaped it and are going to give us a copy:)

For dinner, The I-10 Gang went out to the same restaurant as a few days before. (Rod came up with that name because the three families are from LA, New Orleans, and SA.) Something very unusual happened at dinner...I ate some meat for the first time here!!!! Yippee! Everyone was quite proud of me! I had a hot dog. The meat was a cross between what we would call a hot dog and a sausage. It was on a large hamburger bun sort of thing. The menu said it came with carrots, mayo, and ketchup. I told the waitress I didn't want any of those things, and it actually came without them! It came with tomatoes and very salty pickles instead. I just used half of the huge bun because the hot dog itself wasn't very big. It was really good!!! I'll have to have it again!!

Melissa emailed me this morning that my kids at school did awesome on the TAKS test!!! I am so proud of them!!! We'll have to celebrate when I get back!

Our flight was scheduled to leave Almaty this Friday. We had emailed our travel agent to change it to next Friday. Unfortunately, he just emailed today and said that the flights for Friday, the 16th and Sunday, the 18th are completely full! AAAGGHH!! I think we're just going to buy some property here. Ha-ha! So, I don't know what we're going to do. We'll try to call the airline office in Almaty tomorrow and see what they say.






3 comments:

Brenda Hungerford said...

Now how in the world can the airlines be booked solid???? Whatever! Yes, call around and see what you can do....wish I'd have won the mega million last night, I'd have bought an airline and come after the three of you!!!! :o)

Yes, the 3rd grade did well on TAKS can't say so much about 5th grade though...yikes!!!

Weather will be here to greet you in total S.A. style...is 83 out right now....ahhhhhhh I LOVE IT!!!

Of all the meat items for you to try for the first time....a hot dog???? Do you know what is in an American hot dog???? hee hee....well, I'm glad you enjoyed it and your body probably needed some protein too!

Your pictures are so good....you are just a family!!!!

Blessings!
Brenda

Ginny said...

So why the big exodus from Almaty? Do they go on a pilgrimage somewhere??? It is just as well because didn't Janet say that you may not be able to make next Friday's flights with al you have to do yet. I hope the Embassy won't be a problem. At least you won't have the language barrier. (Hopefully anyway)
It makes some sort of sense that the hot dog would taste like sausage. I'm glad you found something. Of course your body is probably starving for protein so it will accept anything at this time.
I was so excited that the two I had from your class passed.
They really worked hard. Heh!!! And the two kids that Tammy and I cured, they DNQ'd passed also. It was good. Fifth grade did about the same as last year also. Oh well. Their test is so much longer and I think that is what gets them.
It is a great idea to get him used to the carrier and even greater that he enjoys it. And he's Walking. How great!!! Right on schedule.
Well take care. Always in our prayers. By the way the Spurs have won 10 in a row. Go Spurs Love Ginny and Gary

B, K & Ash said...

Love the carrier. It looks adorable and I love the smiles on both Brad and Caleb's faces. So glad he seems to like it. Hopefully it will work well for the trip home! Love ya.