Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Feb. 27-28

On Tuesday, Feb. 27, Caleb turned 11 months old!

We had a nice visit with Caleb on Tuesday. Assyra went to pick up his passport photos but returned without them. She said the photo place had used a light blue background and for his Kazakhstan passport the background must be white. So we had to pay 200 more tenge (which is less than $2) in order for them to do it with a white background.

On Wednesday, we spent half of our visit in the music room and the other half in the physical activity room again. This time we shared the room with Rod, Kym, and little Aray. They had their court this morning, so they visited the Baby House in the afternoon. (Congratulations Rod, Kym, and Aray on officially becoming a family of three!) We were also told that our Visas would expire on March 5th, so we would have to pay some more (of course) and do more paperwork for an extension. I tried to get Assyra to tell us when we would get custody of Caleb since tomorrow is day 15 of the waiting period, but she told me a bunch of things that we would have to do within the next couple of days. I don't know if she understood what I was asking. So later, when Janet was there, I asked again. Assyra translated my question in which Janet responded with about the same information that Assyra had said earlier, except she mentioned March 2. So maybe we'll get him Friday...I don't know!?


TUESDAY:



WEDNESDAY:
A family picture courtesy of Rod.




3 comments:

Ginny said...

These people are too much. It seems like it is a good source of income for this country. I'm surprised they don't have even more couples in that section. Oh Well! I just have to keep on remembering Brad's words and take a deep breath and say it will soon be over and he will be yours. As it gets closer the more impatient I get and can't imagine how it is for you. Such a beautiful family you guys are. It will all be worth it and we all realize that. We will pray for your speedy return. Take Care. Love Ginny and Gary

Lanoma said...

I'd take a crayon and color that background white!! It is really getting close to the time when he will be all yours and you won't have to jump through any more of their hoops. I will be praying that you can get everything done in the next couple of days and get Caleb on Friday and then get out of there before March 5th. Hang in there!! It is almost over and you can come home. Caleb is so lucky to have two such wonderful people to be his mommy and daddy. He is going to love to have his own room and only one layer of clothes. He has lots of new and exciting experiences coming. Seeing the time when you will be home makes me excited. Can't wait to see you all. (Pethrie:I borrowed about 10 pieces of you copy paper today--didn't bring enought with me so I will pay you back when you come home HA! HA!)Doesn't that make you homesick for school?? NOT!! Love, Lanoma

Mom & Dad A. said...

It was so good talking to you today. All the pictures are great, but the one of all three of you is wonderful. After church tonight, I checked the map again and I found where you are. Thanks for telling me the former name. I got to ride in and also drive Dad's car for the first time today. It's very nice. Ashley had her nine month check-up yesterday, which included a blood test, TB test, and a shot. She had a blue spot on her arm from the blood test, but it didn't seem to bother her. She looked at and chewed on her book with Uncle Brad and Aunt Pet a lot today. We're praying you get to take Caleb with you to the hotel ASAP. We can't wait to give him a big kiss. He is so darling. Lots of love, mom & dad a.