Monday, February 12, 2007

Seeing Caleb Again!

We were able to go to the Baby House Monday afternoon! We went to the large music room and waited for him to be brought to us. They must have been expecting us because we didn't wait long at all! They woke him from his nap--you could still see the sleep lines on his face! They brought him to us in the same clothes as we had on him our last day with him. His hair is a little longer than before, so we can tell his hair is more of a light brown color. He looked a little unsure but was not really scared of us! He came right to me, and I think he was wondering where we had been. They hadn't fed him when they woke him up, so a few minutes later, our translator took him to be fed. We told her that after we went to the GROS this afternoon, we'd feed him during our visits. He came back more alert and happier after having a full tummy--although, he was back in about 5 minutes, so they must feed him in a hurry! About halfway through the visit, he really began to "talk" more, as he had during our last several days with him before. For our first visit with him, we brought all the familiar toys for him to play with. I think he was happy to see them and enjoyed playing with them. We sang Old McDonald and clapped our hands, and he shook his head back and forth. We brought the piano out of the music closet and he went to town playing "music" and shaking his head back and forth. I can't wait to get him home to play with his very cool new piano that even lights up! I'm trying to teach him to "give me five," but I have to do it with his hand first before he'll do it.
After our visit, we went to the GROS and bought a few items for ourselves and Caleb. Then we came back to the hotel and munched on some food we bought at GROS. We watched one full episode of Lost, and about half another before our eyes couldn't stay open any longer.







4 comments:

Lanoma said...

Caleb is so cute!! I'm really going to miss the blogs when you get home with him. I bet he had wondered where you two had gone and was relieved to see you back and now you won't have to leave him again. Take care and see you before long. Love, Lanoma
(I don't know how I managed to get my comment in two places yesterday--must have thought it was real important!! Going to try and get it right this time.)

Trisha said...

I bet you were so excited to see Caleb again! He's darling!

Trisha said...

OOPS! I decided to add my username and password and then it posted. Sorry. I can't wait for Feb.14! You will be in my prayers and thoughts especially so on the 14th. I bet you have to pinch yourself once in a while. It's getting so close. I'm so excited. Glad you made it back okay and hope all goes well. Give Caleb a big hug and kiss from me. Lots of love to the three of you,
Trisha

Ginny said...

He is getting cuter everytime. I just love his expressions. You will need to caption them when you get home. Any new teeth since you have been gone? Those two in the front are so adorable. He looks so comfortable with you guys. Just tell them that's it we have had enough of this nonsense and we are taking him home. Ha! Don't you wish you could. One look at the three of you together should convince anyone that he is your baby. Well enough ranting from me. I pray that the time will go fast and that you will be on your way home before you know it. Take Care Always in our prayers Love Ginny and Gary