Monday, February 19, 2007

Monday, Feb. 19th

Well, Sunday went by very slowly since we didn't get to see Caleb.

Today wasn't that great of a day, either! We didn't eat breakfast, so we decided to go to the Bosfar for lunch. We hadn't been back there since our last trip. Brad decided to have vegetable pizza, while I ordered spaghetti. We ordered fried cheese for both of us. The fried cheese was good. Brad's veggie pizza had corn (which of course he had the other day on his salami pizza at the other cafe), black olives, mushrooms, tomatoes, and PEAS! He only ate 2 slices. Yes, that's right, Brad only ate 2 slices of pizza. (And when we're talking that the pizza is the size of a plate, the slices are quite small.) My spaghetti wasn't bad. It had carrots in the sauce, but you couldn't really taste them. I ate a little of it--it was one of those dishes where you get tired of the taste before too long. Thank goodness for the fried cheese and the yummy bread that they serve.
Then at 2:30, we were picked up for the baby house. When we got there, we're told that we have to wait to speak with the doctor. Caleb had gotten sick Sunday and still was sick today. The doctor wasn't there right then, but we would have to wait until she returned to talk with her. We weren't sure if we'd be able to see him or not. Assyra said that he had "diary." (diarrhea) She asked us what we fed him on Saturday. We told her he had a little bit of juice and that was it. She said that it probably wasn't from anything we had given him then. Duh! After waiting over an hour, the doctor came. She didn't really tell us anything, but brought Caleb down. We were able to see him in the lounge area of the baby house for maybe 5 minutes and that was it! They took him back to his room and we left. Assyra said not to feed him anything. I don't know if she means for the rest of our visits or just for the next few days. I also don't know if that's what the doctor had told her or not. I think it probably was. I don't like being made to feel like we're the ones who got him sick! Assyra said we'd have to wait and see whether or not we'd be able to see him tomorrow or not.
So this evening we've been feeling very frustrated!!

4 comments:

B, K & Ash said...

Hang in there! Just remember it's only a few more weeks and there is the light at the end of the tunnel. Look on the positive side ... At least you don't have to change those "diary" diapers yet! Love you and see you soon!

Unknown said...

Man, Karen was nice with that comment. I'd like to post a few choice words, which I'm sure you're thinkin', Pet, but I'll keep it under control. It's not like any of those people will read my posted comments. But I'm frustrated for you, too. Hope tomorrow's a better day. I love you both!

Ginny said...

Well that is really poopy in more than one way. Did he have a fever? Boy wouldn't you love to ask what they had fed him Saturday and Sunday that made him sick. I hope all these days count towards your 15 day waiting period. Well just handle it as a test. We pray that this is the last test for both of you. I'm sure everything will be fine and that it won't be long before he is good to go. If he had to get sick I guess now is better than two days before you leave. So you can consider that part over and now you will have clear sailing. I've been comparing the pictures from the beginning and it seems like he is bigger now. Of course they grow so fast during this time. Well take care and keep the faith. That's actually all we have. God will pull you through all of these trials. I'm sure that is the only thing that is keeping you sane. Always in our prayers. Love g
Ginny and Gary

Mom & Dad A. said...

We're so sorry that you are going through some bad days. I pray that Ya'll and Caleb will all be feeling better real soon. I can't believe that they wanted to know what you fed him. That wasn't very nice. I hope the time will hurry up for you. It will be worth it in the long run. We love you and are praying for you real hard. Lots of love and hugs, mom & dad a.