Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Getting ready!


Well, tomorrow's the big day! We've been busy running around doing about a billion different things the past few days! We're taking more luggage than we've ever taken before, but strangely enough, I'm taking the least amount of clothes and shoes than I've ever taken before. I guess that's what happens when "baby things" start taking over. Brad had to work today, so I did a few last minute things. One of which was that I had to say goodbye to my sweet pea niece, Ashley, and my cutie-pie nephew, Tyler. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see my handsome older nephew, Anthony, so "I'll see you later, Anthony. I love you! Don't give your Mom and Dad or Grandma and Grandpa too hard of a time. I know...ha-ha!" I want to take this time to tell everyone thank you for supporting us during this process. From personal letters of recommendation, to notarized job letters (about five different times!), wonderful gifts for the baby, feeding our cat while we're gone, I could go on and on. We do have another favor from you all, though. Please, please, please, continue to pray for us! Pray for our trip, pray for our baby, and also that the judge will set an early court date, so that we can bring our baby home as soon as possible! Well, we still have plenty more to do, so I need to get back to it. I just wanted to make an entry before we left to make sure I know how to do it! I'm not sure when we'll be able to write again...we have to see how to get hooked up to the Internet once we get there. I know we need what's called a Nursat card to do it, and unfortunately, that's about all I know. So, the next time one of us makes an entry, we'll be in Taraz, Kazakhstan!

11 comments:

Katrina said...

God is awesome! Both of you are on the top of my prayer list each morning-may you have safe journeys and a speedy return home. Give your new baby a BIG kiss from the both of us!

Ginny said...

We wish you Godspeed and hope that the trip is not as bad as it sounds. SA is not so cold but the dampness makes it feel 20 degrees colder. I hope K ( I'm not going to try and spell it) is at least a dry cold. Take Care Love ya both and baby makes three!!!!!!!!!

Hoop said...

You've only been gone one day and we already miss you! Monica did a great job today. Hopefully this will put your mind at ease. She seems even better than she did at the interview. We are all so excited and we can't wait to meet your new little one.

Our continued love and prayers are with you. Keep us up to date when you can.

Melissa

Mitzi/Tony/Tyler/Anthony/Mom/Dad said...

Everyone here is praying for you! Dad said everyone at church is really excited for you. Mom said don't freeze to death. Anthony said he hopes you have a safe trip and he'll try not to cause too much trouble. Tyler says he's ready to see his cousin. Tony said be careful, and I say we miss you already. We want Caleb here asap, we have birthdays to celebrate! Write as soon as you can and let us know how the flight's going.
Love you!!!!!!!!!!! (We're showing Tyler your pictures!!)

Mitzi/Tony/Tyler/Anthony/Mom/Dad said...

It looks really COLD there...We prayed for you at church today. Everyone's anxious for pictures. Hope you got some rest after the trip. We'll send you a picture of Tyler & Anthony to your email in a couple of days when you get everything figured out there. Welcome to the wonderful world of dial-up. One day they'll get something else out where we live, but we don't know when. Anyway, we can't wait to hear about the baby. Write as soon as you know anything! Love you

Lanoma said...

Was so excited to get your most recent note. Glad the trip went okay and that you are there safely. You must feel like you are in a dream after all the waiting. Now to get to see and hold that baby must be a hard wait but it is close so hang in there. You are in my prayers and think of you often. We miss you at school but are glad you are where you are. All my best wishes!!!

Roger and Betty said...

We are glad you finally made it and that your trip was a safe one. We sre so excited about your baby and can't wait to see his pictures and him when you arrive back home. The picture of you at the sea was awesome. The sea is beautiful.
Stay warm and enjoy every moment that you are there.
Love, Roger and Betty

Lisa Sova said...

Wow guys, I am just astounded by technology. It is GREAT to see you all actually there. I am so happy for you both. You are all in my prayers. Mitzi is right- it does look really cold there. Stay bundled up! Hey Pet, this sounds like a crazy cheese pizza crash diet you are on. Be brave, try something new! :) Caleb looks absolutely precious. Love to you all!!! Lisa

phambrick said...

Peth,it looks like you need to start a college fund for UT. He's a great looking young man. I'm sure that you and your husband are proud new parents. Looking forward to return with the UT's next linebacker. Keep us up to date,Paul

Carrie Moore said...

I am soooooooooooo happy for you guys. You little guy is adorable. I know you must be so very happy and proud. You must be having the experience of your life. Caleb is so lucky!

Brenda Hungerford said...

Hello again! It is Saturday a.m. and it is POURING down rain here in S.A.
Love walking through each day with you when I get on your blog each day!
It sounds like Caleb is growing more and more acquainted with his new family......that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!! Hoooooooray!
Great diet, Pet.....do we all need to go to this extreme because at the rate you're going, you're going to be waaaaaaay thin the next time we see you! Please wear your name tag so we can identify you! :o) (I'd be doing the same thing.....I'm the one who "hates" pot lucks cuz....well you know!) Please at least take your vitamins!
Blessings! Caleb is a dolly!
Brenda H.