Thursday, January 18, 2007

Wed., Bonding Day 10





Well, this morning we hung around the hotel room again and watched DVDs. For lunch, we ate at Cafe Istanbul. On our way back, we took some photos. It was a beautiful day! The photo to the left is of Brad in front of a statue in the square. The statue used to be a statue of Lenin, but they took it down after the fall of the Soviet Union. There wasn't a statue there at all until they had their Taraz 2000 year history fair, and they put up this one. We're not sure who it is a statue of now, but heard it might be Genghis Khan.

When we went to the Baby House, they were cleaning our usual, little room. (It needed it!) So, we got to venture to another part of the orphanage to another room! We saw the kitchen area and a bunch of offices. We still didn't see where all the children stay, though. The new room we were in was a very large room, where it looks like they hold parties. There were balloons on the wall, confetti on the floor, a piano, and other musical instruments. When Caleb came in, he was just looking around the room, staring at everything. He felt much better than the last few days, you could tell! He crawled and crawled...their wasn't much space in the other room, but he enjoyed all the space in this room! They said that if we like this room, we could keep using it. We told them, "Yes! We like it!" At first, he had on that Polo shirt from Tuesday with light blue warm-up bottoms over a couple of different layers! He looked like a linebacker! Then we changed him into a baseball outfit that wouldn't fit over all the layers. We took one shirt off on top so that this outfit would fit. It looks really cute on him!


We decided to stay in the hotel and snack on some stuff we had bought at the Gros Market the other day. I thought I was about to eat some Original Pringles. I tasted one...and you know my taste buds...I knew something was different. They weren't horrible or anything, but not the same. It turns out I had accidentally bought Cracks! The red, gold, and black container looked just like Pringles. We thought it was so funny! I had picked up some sour cream and onion ones for Brad, but those really were Pringles!

Wow, back at home you've had two bad weather days? I can't remember missing school for two bad weather days in a row, ever--when I was in school or since I've been teaching! I'm not going to have to make those days up do I?!


1. Brad and linebacker Aldridge
2. Caleb, crawling around our large room
3. Normal-size Caleb in his baseball outfit with Daddy. His shirt says "Daddy's All Star"
4. Caleb with Mommy
5. Brad holding Caleb in the air
6. Caleb in his "I Love My Mommy" bib




















3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, how I love him!! Does he say anything? Of course I mean jibber-jabber, but anything? What's he sound like? What are you singing to him lately? Patty-cake at least, right?? I love you and miss you. oh, and the weather is much better, so I can FINALLY move in !!!!!!:-D

Mitzi/Tony/Tyler/Anthony/Mom/Dad said...

Hey guys,
The blog is blocked at school, and I've been at home during the "arctic blast" where my Internet is not working. So, it's been a while since I've written. We sure do miss you guys, and we're still praying every night. I can't wait to give my nephew hugs and kisses in person. Tyler's probably grown another foot since you've seen him. I think that boy's gonna be grown before his first birthday. He's got 7 teeth and another one coming in. Well, other than the bad weather, not much is going on here. I only have to make up one day, 'cause we were off Tues. anyway. Tyler just came in here with me and is tryING TO TYPE SO Hrew wisw wishiqwsjjjdlv cdcdw deZ , anyway, he says hi...
Love you,

B, K & Ash said...

Caleb is so adorable and I love the pictures of you guys all together. I look at them often and can't wait till you bring him home. We look forward to welcoming him into the family! Ashley and Caleb will have so much fun playing together. You all look so happy. Is there anything that we can do for you guys from here?