Monday, January 8, 2007

Power Problem Solved!

We finally are up and running...thanks to David at Interlink, a humanitarian organization that helps families who are adopting while they are here. They also raise money for the orphanages. Right now they are raising money for playground equipment. Anyway, I just happened to have met Paula in my Kazakh adoptive families yahoo group, who gave me the name of this lady, Irene, who was a good Christian friend of hers. She said she could help us, show us around, or whatever while we were here. Also, Paula mailed a package to us to hand carry over to give to Irene. We called Irene and she came over. We talked and she was on her way to church. We told her we were Baptist, and she said she could take us next week to a Baptist Church here! We also asked her for directions to the Interlink Office. She couldn't really help us with that, but she gave us the director's phone number. We called him and he just happened to be about a block and a half away from our hotel. He came over and was soooo nice! He also just happened to have the power connector we needed in his car! Now we feel connected with home, and we can watch movies! (Which is a good thing because I'm almost finished with my book I started yesterday!) Anyway, here are some more of the photos:




1. Brad in Amsterdam Airport, where we boarded our KLM flight to Almaty, Kazakhstan
2. Pet in train car we rode in from Almaty to Taraz City
3. Pet in park in front of our hotel in Taraz, Hotel Gazovik
4. Partial view of Taraz

5. Brad in same park near our hotel in Taraz with The Tien-Shan Mountains in the background.






2 comments:

Brenda Hungerford said...

Hooray! It is so good to know you are there and TODAY got to meet your new little one! We are all praying and rejoicing for/with you! I anxiously await new pictures.
Blessings! Brenda

Unknown said...

Why do I keep crying every time I read y'alls blog?! I'm so proud to tell people about your journey and new baby. I love you both sooo much and can't wait to see more pictures. Pet, I bet your stomach and heart are just aching with joy, excitement and nervousness. Brad, who could be as smooth as you, going through all this. I love you both, I miss you, and can't wait to see my new nephew!! And by the way, your house is in perfect condition :) I'll let you know when my place is baby proofed for Caleb to visit!!